Everyone loves a good smile — It’s why we go to the dentist twice a year and floss every day to keep our teeth happy and healthy. It’s a great way to avoid tooth decay.
The same is true of a website. You might not know it, but keeping your online presence fresh, having an expert cleanse away any built up clutter, and polishing it with new content keeps your website just as sparkling. It’s a great way to avoid website decay.
Website maintenance isn’t as exciting as a dazzling smile, but it has just as much of an impact on your customers. No one likes the experience of a slow, outdated, or broken website. A website maintenance plan and a specialist to execute it is what you need, whether they’re making the changes themselves or overseeing a team. They can:
- Improve your site speed, compress images and improve code to keep everything lightning fast.
- Update your content so everything is fresh, relevant, and timely.
- Review your links and remove anything that’s broken.
- Manage your media so it stays relevant and exciting.
- Keep track of any press coverage, mentions, and links back to your website.
- Respond to changes in Search Engine algorithms, keywords and SEO techniques.
- Make sure all frameworks, 3rd party tools and social plug ins are up to date.
Remember that website maintenance, just like brushing, needs to be completed on a regular basis. You wouldn’t put off a dental visit if you had a toothache — Don’t let website decay ruin your chance to make a great first impression on your customers.
Need help creating a website maintenance plan? Contact us to get started.